Monday, April 30, 2012

2nd Week In and Doin' Great!


Hey Everyone!

This second week was great and its so crazy on how much things have happened during that time. It was a busy week with a lot of meetings and crazy mix ups, but everything turned out fine.
Tuesday
      In the morning Elder Ditton had a training meeting because he's serving as district leader. So I went on splits with two other Elders in our zone. In our zone there's 4 spanish speaking comps 2 ASL companionships and the rest are english speaking. So I was with Elder Bushager (English) and Elder Finnell (ASL) We had an interesting conversation about the atonement as week were tracking in area called torrance. My companion and I got back together and went tracking some more. We had dinner twice and one of them was with Griselda and her kids Connie, Manuel, Daisy and Little Joey. They are absolutely hilarious, and they like to take advantage of my little understanding of spanish. She made Posole which is basically a slab of beefsteak cooked in some really good latin soup recipe. Griselda and her daughter daisy are recent converts that Elder Ditton had a couple transfers ago. He's been here in this area since December so he's gotten to know the area really well, especially with the members. Then we went to a members home, Sanchez's who just started being active again, and Brother Sanchez got to baptize his daughter last week. We got alot of referrals from that baptism as many of their family came to see the ordinace. It's awesome to see how they all are doing the best to get active in the church again. It was sister Sanchez's birthday, so we had some really good pastel. Latin cakes are so delicious.

Wednesday
     EXCHANGES! I got to do exhanges with some other Elders in our district and I was able to serve with Elder Olsen in the Compton area. He's a really great guy and he works really hard. I was my first day on a bike, but I was using Elder Shumway's bike, who was exchanging with Elder Ditton. I was quite the long commute to get to everyone we wanted to see. We found a new investigator, and we taught an investigating family about the word of wisdom. They were so awesome and I wish I was still able to teach them. They also served us this really good guacamole chicken breast meal with cucumber juice. I was great to see another part of the city.

This week we also had the privledge to have a mini missionary come out and work with us. His name was Jose and we got to do a lot of tracting with him. He lives downtown and we got to have him from Friday night to Sunday Afternoon. We had some funny things happen to us during that time. The Zone Leaders car broke down so we were having to go on a lot of splits with them to go everywhere. We transported a crib from a members house that we could give to one of investigators that the Compton elders have. I was hard as they had to stuff me and the whole crib in the back seat of a little sudan. It was pretty incomfortable having massive planks of wood pounding against my whole body. I was laying all across the back seat basically. I thought that once I got on a mission wouldn't have to do that kind of stuff again, oh well.

To answer Mom's questions

The weather here is always nice, but the sky is usually very gray and foggy. Something to get used to
Apartment is nice and its just me and my companion. We don't try stay in there too long so its a little cluttered at times.
I'm sleeping fine.
we will usually do email at the library
I've only biked twice, but we plan on biking more this week. My bike is really nice and everything seems to be working ok
I'm not sure on the temple, but it will be one of the next to transfers

I hope Dad and Kurt get in alright
It's exciting to hear that Aubrie is doing better, I hope she's able to go back out soon
I'm sorry that you and dad couldn't be together for your anniversary.

Anyway I doing great I will look forward to writing you again


Os amo tanto!
Elder Marrott

No comments:

Post a Comment