Sunday, May 19, 2013

Elder Anglade and More Golden Investigators!


Hey Everyone,

 What a crazy week! So Elder Marin got our new companion from the MTC on Wednesday, Elder Anglade. He's from South Jordan Utah and he is waiting to get his visa to go to Argentina Buenos Aires North Mission. He’s a big guy with a big heart. This week has been great as we had some fantastic lessons with Joe, Maria's son who we've been teaching the last couple weeks. We went to his birthday a couple weeks ago. I wasn't there as I was doing a baptismal interview for one of the companionships in my district, Antonio, which was amazing. A month ago I did the interview with his nephew Junior and now he got the missionaries to teach his family. It’s great to see things like that happen. Anyway, Joe from what I hear was very receptive to everything and accepted a baptismal date for next month. The next day we taught Maria and Noami again about the gospel of Jesus Christ. We used an object lesson that uses water, pepper and soap that really helped them understand how the Gift of the Holy Ghost works. It finally helped Noami understand why she needs to be baptized again. We are finally making progress with her. AND I can finally say I have found a GOLDEN INVESTIGATOR. Last Sunday, Hna Flores a member in our area brought her nephew Victor to church. We had gospel principles class and he just loved it! On Friday we had Dinner at Hna Flores house and Victor heard we were coming over, so he came over from next door to talk to us. He explained to us how much he loved church and how there is a lot of love there. He said that his best friend is a member of the church and how he has taught him a lot and invited him to church, but has never had time to come. Now he's on break from work in NYC and has time to investigate. He mentioned that how his friend invited him got his attention. "Hey come to my church and if you don't like it you don't have to come again." He told us that is "a celestial invitation." After dinner we invited him to have a lesson. We sat down he asked of if we had a Book of Mormon? YES WE DO.  Even before we started teaching he told us that "ok I'm going to read as much as I can and I will let you know when I want to be baptized." WHAT! Amazing. We set a date for May 19th with him. Tender Mercies! So great!

Os amo tanto

Elder Marrott

No comments:

Post a Comment