Sunday, May 19, 2013

With Elder Marin in Downey



Hey Everyone!

      It’s been crazy with all the changes here in the mission with areas being split and half the missionaries here being transferred to different areas because of the influx of 33 new missionaries here to Los Angeles. I was transferred to Maywood as a new district leader and senior companion to Elder Marin. He is from Florida and Texas and his parents are Colombian and Dominican, so his Spanish is pretty good. He has 3 transfers in the mission. My district is pretty cool. I look over the missionaries that are in the Santa Fe Springs Ward even though I go to the Bell Gardens Ward with 2 other companionships that aren't in my district. It’s different but fun. I directed my first district meeting on Saturday, so I was a little nervous but I enjoyed it.  I love the Maywood area and the people seem to like me because my last district leader Elder Behnke served a long time here and also a friend from home in St. Louis served in this area too. I'm able to click with members here really well. It's been a crazy week with transfers but we expect work with the investigators here will get better. Elder Marin and I had a great lesson with a new investigator Noami. Only had time to explain our purpose as missionaries and promise that she will be blessed for accepting our message. She felt the spirit strongly especially when the member we brought Hermano Naranjo bore his testimony she really has the desire to continue learning. I'm excited to work with her. Lastly, on Sunday we had stake conference for the Huntington Park Stake and it was the first one since they combined the both Spanish and English wards into one stake. They had to adjust to the language differences but I felt the spirit very strongly. Elder Ellis from the Quorum of the Seventy came to visit and gave a fantastic talk. I loved it when he said that "No one in the world can survive spiritually unless they learn how to receive revelation" So true! I'm still adjusting to life here but I love the mission and hope to help the mission grow here in Downey!

Os amo tanto!

Elder Marrott

No comments:

Post a Comment